Home Emergency Cover… For Your Business

If you’re a homeowner, it’s likely you have a ‘Home Emergency’ insurance package, which provides contractor assistance in an emergency. Well, wouldn’t it be great if you could get the same cover for your business?

We have partnered with Brookfield Donovan to bring this special product to FSB Insurance Service policyholders, allowing you to rest easy knowing that if the worst happens, you’ll be able to continue trading. This is a new business emergency product to the market, and it’s available to FSB Members first, before its wider launch.

So, what’s included?

For a fixed premium of £99 (+ IPT) you get cover for:

  • Failure of your gas central heating system
  • Failure of your water supply pipes
  • Failure of your plumbing and drainage
  • Failure of your electrical wiring system
  • Security failures (including locks and glass board up service)
  • Vermin infestations (covered vermin are: mice, rats, bees and wasps)

It’s cheaper than the average call out, and available for claims 24/7 365 days of the year, with most locations able to get a contractor to the site within 2 hours.

The policy covers 2 claims per year, up to a value of £1000 with an excess of no more than £75.

Who is this for?

This is a really useful insurance product for those who operate from a self-contained unit (not buildings of multiple occupancy) where the business owner is responsible for the utilities.

This policy, like all insurance policies, has a number of exclusions and as such will not cover:

  • Pre-existing conditions
  • Boilers over 15 years old
  • Incidents that occur outside of your premises
  • Unoccupied premises (for more than 30 days)
  • Usage of non-approved contractors

This covers most of the exclusions and benefits of the policy, but you can discuss it in more detail with a member of our team on 020 3883 7976. Let us know you’re looking to purchase the BusinessAid+ insurance package.